November 6, 2018
At a City Council meeting in October 1954, City Sanitarian Sam Stephenson reported that 70 trailers in St. Ignace will soon be subject to taxation. The tax basis was $0.75 monthly for the school district, $0.50 for county and $0.25 for city. This would be an annual increase in income from $600 to $1000 for the city. The tax has been being paid previously by only 30 trailers.
This entry was posted in History. Bookmark the permalink.
← History Tidbits- St. Ignace Schools in 1895