St. Ignace Public Library can delivery library materials right to your door! Any patron within our service area (City of St. Ignace, St. Ignace Township, and Moran Township) may request this service in which they are unable to come to the library due to illness, disability, quarantine, or related issues.
A library employee will delivery library materials to those who are participating in the Homebound Delivery Service.
To qualify, an individual must:
- Reside in the St. Ignace Public Library service area and possess a St. Ignace Public Library card.
- Submit an application- or call the library at 906-643-8318.
Applications can be filled out online or a staff member will assist in filling one out either in person or over the phone.
Homebound Delivery Guidelines
Participants of the Homebound Delivery Service will be entitled to have library materials delivered provided that these guidelines are met:
- All borrowing and delivery must be made by appointment, with the program participant calling the library to make arrangements.
- Participants will be permitted to receive one delivery/pickup biweekly and the visit will be scheduled at a mutually convenient time. Additionally, deliveries may be scheduled at the library personnel’s discretion.
- Participants may borrow up to 20 items per delivery.
- Materials that have been borrowed should be ready for pick-up on or before the due date.
- Materials will be assigned a standard due date, but may be extended for longer at the discretion of the library employee.
- Materials will be delivered to the door, and no inside deliveries will be made. Deliveries may be cancelled if a library staff member deems it unsafe for them to continue the delivery (i.e.; dangerous road conditions, property looks unsafe, library staff member feel uncomfortable making the delivery).
- Material may renewed with the exceptions of items that have holds.
- To ensure items are secure and protect the patron’s privacy, all items will be placed in a taped box.
Monday: 10 AM – 5 PM
Tuesday: 10 AM – 5 PM
Wednesday: 10 AM – 7 PM
Thursday: 10 AM – 5 PM
Friday: 10 AM – 5 PM
Saturday: 10 AM – 3 PM
January 25 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
January 27 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
January 28 @ 10:30 am - 11:00 am
View All Events