- This event has passed.
Soul Moves- Virtual Event
February 21, 2021 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
We believe movement is a powerful and transformative force. One we can experiment with, flow with, be challenged by, and use as a doorway to deep connection and self-discovery.
The St. Ignace Public Library and the Les Cheneaux Community Library are partnering up to offer our communities a 4-week workshop series exploring embodied movement and wellness through the lenses of Anishinaabe Maadiziiwin and contemporary yoga.
The 4-week workshop series will begin Sunday, February 21 at 4:00 PM. Each session will be every Sunday through March 14 and will be 90 minutes long.
Registration is limited to 75 people : Register Here – Please register by February 15 to ensure timely arrival of your welcome gift.
Meet Your Facilitators:
Charlee Brissette, MS, is an Indigenous health educator and certified wellness coach. She is also a fancy dancer. She has worked with hundreds of people to assisting with healthy lifestyle choices.
Samantha Radecki, MPH, RYT-200 is a contemporary yoga and movement
facilitator and health educator. She is passionate about creating transformational experiences.
Each workshop will begin in a similar way:
- Interactive welcome and introductions
- Invitation to create their sacred space
- Blessing to the land and smudging ceremony with Charlee Brissette – NIIMIIDA MIGIZII KWE
- 7 Sacred Breaths Practice
- Short Movement Flush
- Intention Setting
Participants are asked to have a journal handy, to wear exercise clothes and sneakers, and to practice with a yoga mat, yoga blocks and a blanket.
After the interactive welcome, each session will lead into a different branch of wellness.
Week 1 – Welcome, Let Go & Create Space
- Intro to contemporary yoga & Anishinaabe Maadiziiwin
- “I Welcome Myself”meditation
- Beliefs inventory exercise
- Fiery & energizing calisthenic practice
- Heart opening/clearing
Week 2 – Self Care to Fill Your Cup
- 7 Circles of Wellness teaching
- Personal wellness inventory exercise
- Native Dance practice
Week 3 – Skillful Engagement with Life
- Intro to skillful engagement/action &surrender
- Will & surrender yoga practice
Week 4 – Sustainable Wellness & Mino Bimaadiziwin
- Mino Bimaadiziiwin teaching
- Sustainable Wellness Integration
- Blended movement practice:calisthenics, native dance &yoga
- Heart opening/clearing
Each workshop will end in a similar way:
- Reflection invitation
- Video on, gallery view, community connection invitation
- 7 Sacred Breaths practice
The workshops are designed to take place via Zoom. There will be 4 90-minute sessions. To receive the full benefits of the program, attending all 4 sessions in person is strongly encouraged, though it is not required. Sessions will be recorded and available to participants for up to one week.